Ain Shams University
MBBS from Ain Shams University Courses, highlights, Eligibility and Criteria, How to apply, Admission process for Indian students, Syllabus, Career, Jobs and salary, frequently asked Questions.
About Ain Shams University: Ain Shams University is a prestigious educational institution located in Cairo, Egypt. Established in 1950, it is one of the leading universities in the country and has gained recognition both nationally and internationally for its academic excellence. The university offers a wide range of programs across various disciplines, including medicine, engineering, arts, sciences, and humanities. With a focus on research and innovation, Ain Shams University provides students with a conducive learning environment, state-of-the-art facilities, and experienced faculty members. It is committed to producing highly skilled graduates who are equipped to contribute to the advancement of society and meet the evolving needs of the global workforce.
About & overview of the course MBBS:
The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) course offered by Ain Shams University is a comprehensive program designed to educate and train students in the field of medicine. The course duration is typically five to six years, consisting of both theoretical and practical components.
The curriculum covers a wide range of subjects, including basic medical sciences, anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, clinical medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and community medicine. Students undergo clinical rotations in various departments of affiliated hospitals, gaining hands-on experience and exposure to real-life medical scenarios.
The MBBS program at Ain Shams University focuses on developing competent medical professionals who possess the necessary knowledge, clinical skills, and ethical values to provide quality healthcare services. Graduates are equipped to diagnose and treat diseases, manage patient care, and contribute to medical research and community health initiatives.
Upon successful completion of the course, students are eligible to pursue postgraduate specialization or work as medical practitioners in hospitals, clinics, research institutions, public health organizations, or academic settings. The MBBS program at Ain Shams University aims to produce skilled doctors who can contribute to the healthcare sector and make a positive impact on society.
Book your free Counseling
Why to do the MBBS from Ain Shams University:
There are several reasons why Indian students may consider pursuing MBBS from Ain Shams University in Egypt:
- Quality Education: Ain Shams University is a renowned institution with a strong reputation for providing high-quality medical education. The university is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), ensuring that the degree is recognized globally.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to medical universities in other countries, the tuition fees at Ain Shams University are relatively affordable. This makes it a more accessible option for Indian students seeking a quality education at a reasonable cost.
- Diverse Clinical Experiences: Ain Shams University has affiliations with numerous hospitals and healthcare centers, providing students with diverse clinical experiences. This exposure allows students to develop practical skills and gain hands-on experience in different medical specialties.
- Cultural Exchange: Studying in Egypt provides Indian students with a unique cultural experience. They have the opportunity to interact with students from different backgrounds, learn about Egyptian culture and history, and broaden their horizons.
- International Recognition: The MBBS degree from Ain Shams University is internationally recognized, opening up a wide range of career opportunities for Indian students. They can choose to practice medicine in Egypt, India, or pursue postgraduate studies in reputed institutions worldwide.
Eligibility Criteria Required for the MBBS from Ain Shams University:
The eligibility criteria for Indian students to pursue MBBS from Ain Shams University in Egypt are as follows:
- Academic Qualifications: The student must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board or equivalent examination with Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) as the main subjects. The minimum required percentage may vary, so it is advisable to check with the university for specific eligibility criteria.
- Entrance Exam: Indian students may be required to appear for a qualifying entrance examination such as NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) to secure admission to Ain Shams University. The minimum qualifying score in the entrance exam may be determined by the university or the respective regulatory body.
- Language Proficiency: Since the medium of instruction at Ain Shams University is primarily in Arabic, students must have proficiency in the Arabic language. They may be required to provide proof of language proficiency through recognized language proficiency tests.
- Age Criteria: The student must meet the age criteria set by the university and regulatory authorities. Generally, the minimum age for admission is 17 years, and there may be an upper age limit as well.
Highlights for the course MBBS, from Ain Shams University:
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS/MD)
January/February and August/September
Type of Institute
Affiliated with reputable hospitals and clinics
First Year: $6,000 USD, Second Year: $6,000 USD, Third Year: $6,000 USD, Fourth Year: $6,000 USD, Fifth Year: $6,000 USD, Total: $30,000 USD
USD 550 to 600
Approvals and Accreditations
Ministry of Higher Education, Medical Council, World Health Organization (WHO), International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
Admission Process for the course MBBS from Ain Shams University:
The admission process for the MBBS course at Ain Shams University for Indian students may involve the following steps:
- Eligibility Check: Indian students need to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria set by Ain Shams University, which may include minimum academic qualifications, age requirements, and language proficiency (usually English).
- Entrance Examination: Some universities may require Indian students to appear for a specific entrance examination, such as the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) conducted in India. The scores obtained in these examinations may be considered during the admission process.
- Application Submission: Indian students need to submit their application along with the required documents, including academic transcripts, passport, identification proof, and any other specific documents mentioned by the university.
- Document Verification: The university will verify the submitted documents to ensure their authenticity and eligibility for admission.
- Admission Offer: Upon successful document verification and assessment, the university will issue an admission offer to the selected Indian students.
- Visa Process: After receiving the admission offer, Indian students need to apply for a student visa to study in Egypt. This process involves submitting the necessary documents, paying the visa fees, and attending any visa interviews or appointments.
- Travel and Enrollment: Once the student visa is obtained, Indian students can make travel arrangements to Egypt and complete the enrollment process at Ain Shams University.
Accommodation at Ain Shams University:
Ain Shams University offers accommodation facilities for its students, providing a convenient living option for those studying at the university. Here are some key points about accommodation at Ain Shams University:
On-Campus Dormitories: Ain Shams University has on-campus dormitories available for students. These dormitories are located within close proximity to the university campus, making it convenient for students to access their classes and other campus facilities.
Room Types: The on-campus dormitories at Ain Shams University offer different room types, including single rooms, double rooms, and shared rooms. The availability of room types may vary, and students can choose the option that suits their preferences and budget.
Facilities: The dormitories are equipped with essential amenities such as furnished rooms, study areas, communal kitchens, laundry facilities, and recreational spaces. Some dormitories may also provide additional facilities like Wi-Fi access, 24/7 security, and common areas for socializing.
Reservation Process: Students interested in securing accommodation at Ain Shams University’s dormitories need to follow the reservation process set by the university. This usually involves submitting an application form, providing necessary documents, and paying the required fees.
Availability and Demand: The availability of on-campus accommodation may be limited, and it is advisable for students to apply for housing well in advance to increase their chances of obtaining a spot.
Architecture of Ain Shams University:
- Ain Shams University, located in Cairo, Egypt, is renowned for its impressive architecture. The university campus encompasses a blend of traditional and modern architectural styles, creating a vibrant and aesthetically pleasing environment for students, faculty, and visitors.
- The main campus of Ain Shams University features grand buildings with intricate designs and spacious courtyards. These buildings are characterized by a mix of contemporary and neo-classical architectural elements. The use of ornate facades, arches, and columns adds to the visual appeal of the campus.
- The university’s facilities include well-designed classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories, libraries, and administrative buildings. These structures are equipped with modern amenities and advanced technologies to facilitate an optimal learning and research environment.
- The campus also incorporates open green spaces, gardens, and tree-lined pathways, providing a serene and relaxing atmosphere for students. These outdoor areas offer spaces for recreational activities, social gatherings, and leisurely walks.
Hospitals affiliated with Ain Shams University:
Ain Shams University, as one of the leading universities in Egypt, is affiliated with several renowned hospitals and medical centers. These affiliated hospitals serve as teaching hospitals where medical students gain valuable clinical experience and practical training. Some of the hospitals affiliated with Ain Shams University include:
Ain Shams University Hospitals: The university has its own hospital complex consisting of various specialized hospitals, including Ain Shams University Hospital, Maternity Hospital, Pediatric Hospital, and Chest Hospital. These hospitals provide a wide range of medical services and serve as a primary training ground for medical students.
Abbassia Chest Hospital: This hospital specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases and is affiliated with Ain Shams University. It offers state-of-the-art facilities and advanced medical care in the field of pulmonology.
El-Demerdash Hospital: El-Demerdash Hospital is a major referral hospital located in Cairo and is affiliated with Ain Shams University. It provides comprehensive healthcare services across multiple specialties, including surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, and more.
Ain Shams Specialized Hospital: This hospital is a specialized center for various medical disciplines, including cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, and urology. It is known for its advanced medical equipment and specialized treatment options.
Document required for the course MBBS from Ain Shams University:
To pursue the MBBS course from Ain Shams University, the following documents are typically required:
High School Certificate: A copy of the high school completion certificate or its equivalent, showing successful completion of secondary education.
Transcripts: Official transcripts or mark sheets from the secondary school, indicating the grades obtained in relevant subjects.
Passport: A valid passport with a minimum validity period of at least six months beyond the intended duration of stay.
Birth Certificate: A copy of the birth certificate or any other document verifying the date of birth.
Medical Certificate: A medical certificate confirming the applicant’s physical and mental fitness for pursuing medical studies.
Passport-sized Photographs: Recent passport-sized photographs, typically with a white background.
Recommendation Letters: Letters of recommendation from teachers, mentors, or professionals who can assess the applicant’s academic capabilities and character.
Language Proficiency: Proof of English language proficiency, such as IELTS or TOEFL scores.
Application Form: A completed application form provided by the university, containing personal details, educational background, and other relevant information.
How to visit the Ain Shams University:
To visit Ain Shams University from India, you can follow these general steps:
- Obtain a Passport: Ensure that you have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond your planned stay in Egypt.
- Apply for a Visa: Visit the website of the Embassy of Egypt in India to obtain information about the visa application process. You will need to submit the required documents, including your passport, visa application form, photographs, and supporting documents.
- Book Flights: Look for flights from India to Cairo, Egypt. You can search for flights online or contact travel agencies for assistance in finding the most suitable and affordable options.
- Arrange Accommodation: Contact the international student office or accommodation services at Ain Shams University to inquire about on-campus or off-campus accommodation options. They can provide information and assistance regarding suitable housing near the university.
- Plan Transportation: Once you arrive in Cairo, you can arrange transportation from the airport to Ain Shams University. Options include taxis, private transportation services, or public transportation.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Campus: Prior to your visit, explore the university’s website to gather information about the campus layout, facilities, and specific departments or buildings you may need to visit.
- Contact the International Student Office: Reach out to the international student office at Ain Shams University for any specific guidance or support you may need during your visit. They can provide information on orientation programs, student services, and any necessary formalities.
Syllabus to be study in the duration of MBBS from Ain Shams University:
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine
Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics
Community Medicine, Radiology, Anesthesiology, Ophthalmology
Dermatology, Psychiatry, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine
Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology
Tips to prepare for the exams of MBBS from Ain Shams University:
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exams of the MBBS program at Ain Shams University:
- Establish a study schedule: Create a study schedule that allocates time for each subject and topic. This will help you stay organized and ensure that you cover all the necessary material.
- Understand the exam format: Familiarize yourself with the exam format, including the types of questions and the marking scheme. This will help you tailor your study strategies accordingly.
- Review lecture notes and textbooks: Regularly review your lecture notes and textbooks to reinforce your understanding of the subjects. Pay attention to key concepts, diagrams, and examples.
- Utilize supplementary resources: Make use of additional resources such as reference books, online study materials, and practice questions. These resources can provide further explanations and help you test your knowledge.
- Practice past exam papers: Practice solving past exam papers to get a sense of the exam style and identify areas where you need to improve. This will also help you manage your time during the actual exam.
- Form study groups: Consider forming study groups with fellow students to discuss and clarify concepts. Collaborative learning can enhance your understanding and provide different perspectives.
- Seek guidance from professors and seniors: If you have any doubts or need clarification, don’t hesitate to reach out to your professors or senior students. They can provide valuable insights and guidance.
- Revise and review: Set aside time for revision and review before the exams. Focus on key concepts, formulas, and important details. Use mnemonic devices or visualization techniques to aid memorization.
Scope after doing the course MBBS from Ain Shams University:
After completing the MBBS course from Ain Shams University, Indian students have various career opportunities and scope both in Egypt and internationally. Here are some potential career paths and opportunities:
- Medical Practitioner: Graduates can work as medical practitioners in hospitals, clinics, and healthcare centers. They can provide general medical care, diagnose and treat illnesses, and prescribe medications.
- Specialization and Postgraduate Studies: Students can pursue specialization in specific areas of medicine through postgraduate studies. This includes various branches like surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, cardiology, etc. Specialization can enhance career prospects and open doors to advanced medical positions.
- Research and Academia: Graduates can engage in medical research and contribute to advancements in the field. They can pursue a career in academia as professors, researchers, or lecturers in medical universities or institutions.
- Hospital Administration and Management: Students can explore opportunities in healthcare administration and management. They can work in hospital administration, healthcare organizations, or government health departments, overseeing operations, managing resources, and implementing policies.
- International Opportunities: MBBS graduates from Ain Shams University can explore job opportunities and career options in other countries. They can appear for licensing exams and fulfill the necessary requirements to practice medicine abroad.
- Government and Public Health Sector: Graduates can work in government hospitals, public health departments, or organizations involved in public health initiatives. They can contribute to healthcare policy-making, disease control, preventive healthcare, and community health programs.
- Medical Tourism: With the growth of medical tourism, graduates can participate in this industry. They can work in hospitals or clinics that cater to international patients, providing medical services and specialized treatments.
Recruiting areas and job Profiles after the course MBBS from Ain Shams University:
After completing the MBBS course from Ain Shams University, there are various recruiting areas and job profiles available for graduates. Some of the potential areas and job profiles include:
- Hospitals and Clinics: Graduates can work in hospitals and clinics as medical officers, resident doctors, or specialists in various departments such as internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, etc.
- Government Health Services: Opportunities exist in government health services such as public hospitals, primary health centers, and government health departments. Job profiles may include medical officer, medical consultant, or specialist doctor.
- Private Practice: Graduates can establish their own private practice, setting up a clinic or hospital to provide medical services to patients. This allows for greater independence and flexibility in practice.
- Research Institutes and Laboratories: Graduates interested in research can work in research institutes, universities, or laboratories, conducting medical research, clinical trials, and contributing to scientific advancements.
- Pharmaceutical Companies: Pharmaceutical companies often require medical professionals for roles such as medical advisors, clinical research associates, or medical affairs managers. This involves working closely with pharmaceutical products and their medical applications.
- Academia and Teaching: Graduates can pursue a career in academia as professors, lecturers, or teaching faculty in medical universities or colleges. They can contribute to medical education and train future healthcare professionals.
- Public Health Organizations: Opportunities exist in public health organizations, NGOs, and international health agencies involved in public health initiatives, disease control, health promotion, and community healthcare programs.
- Medical Writing and Journalism: Graduates can explore opportunities in medical writing, health journalism, or medical content creation for online platforms, magazines, or healthcare organizations.
- Medical Tourism: With the growth of medical tourism, graduates can work in hospitals or healthcare facilities catering to international patients. They can provide medical services and specialized treatments to patients traveling from other countries.
- International Opportunities: Graduates can explore job opportunities in other countries by appearing for licensing exams and fulfilling the necessary requirements to practice medicine abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is MBBS?
A: MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. It is an undergraduate medical degree that prepares students to become doctors.
Q: How long is the MBBS course?
A: The duration of the MBBS course is typically five to six years, including both academic and practical training.
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for MBBS?
A: The eligibility criteria may vary among universities, but generally, students must have completed their higher secondary education with science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and meet the minimum qualifying marks.
Q: What subjects are covered in the MBBS curriculum?
A: The MBBS curriculum includes subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, and more.
Q: Are entrance exams required for MBBS admission?
A: Yes, many universities and countries require students to clear entrance exams such as NEET (in India) or other country-specific exams for admission to MBBS programs.
Q: Can international students pursue MBBS?
A: Yes, many universities accept international students for their MBBS programs. However, they may have specific eligibility criteria and additional requirements for international applicants.
Q: What are the career prospects after completing MBBS?
A: After completing MBBS, graduates can work as doctors, pursue specialization through postgraduate courses, work in hospitals, clinics, research institutes, government health services, or even opt for teaching or research positions.
Q: Can MBBS graduates practice in other countries?
A: Yes, MBBS graduates can practice in other countries, but they may need to meet specific requirements, including clearing licensing exams, language proficiency tests, and fulfilling other regulatory criteria.
Q: What is the difference between MBBS and MD?
A: MBBS is an undergraduate degree, while MD (Doctor of Medicine) is a postgraduate degree. MD programs typically focus on specialization in a specific field of medicine.
Q: How competitive is MBBS admission?
A: MBBS admission can be highly competitive, especially in renowned universities and countries with limited seats. It is important to prepare well, score well in entrance exams, and meet the eligibility criteria for admission.